- Ask Your Senators to Oppose the Construction Visa Cap in the Senate Immigration Bill!
- Ask Your Senators to Support S. 850, the Preventing Greater Uncertainty in Labor-Management Relations Act
- Ask your Member of Congress to Support Fair and Open Competition in Government Contracting
- Introduce Yourself and Your Company to the 113th Congress
Welcome to IECvotes.com!
House Approves Bill to Limit Further NLRB Actions Without Quorum
In a close and near party-line vote of 219 to 209, the U.S. House of Representatives voted on Friday, April 11, 2013 to pass crucial legislation to prevent the NLRB from taking any further actions requiring a quorum until the Supreme Court makes a ruling or new members are confirmed by the Senate to serve on the Board. Ten Republicans from states without right-to-work laws voted with their Democrat colleagues against H.R. 1120.
The bill now goes to the Senate for consideration, although the likelihood of that chamber taking action on H.R. 1120 or any similar legislation addressing the status of the NLRB is very low.
To see how your representative voted, click here.
House Passes Workforce Development Legislation
On Friday, March 15, 2013 the U.S. House of Representatives voted to pass H.R. 803, the Supporting Knowledge and Investing in Lifelong Skills Act (SKILLS), which IEC supported. The bill aims to streamline and consolidate 35 different workforce development programs currently available across multiple federal agencies under one Workforce Investment Fund, eliminating confusing bureaucratic and administrative barriers and creating a single source for existing services and support for employers, workers, and job seekers. States would then decide how to allocate the funds. The SKILLS Act would further require that two-thirds of both state and local Workforce Investment Board members are employers, thereby strengthening the involvement and decision-making power of business leaders familiar with the employment and training needs and priorities of their communities. Lastly, the bill would also open up green jobs funding to merit shop employers, an issue which IEC has long supported.
Click here to see how your representative voted on H.R. 803.
- Memorial Day, Sequester-Style: Honoring Soldiers by Cutting Their Benefits - DailyFinance - May 24, 2013
- Pelosi ties bridge collapse to sequester - CBS News - May 24, 2013
- When the Perfect and the Good Are Political Enemies - U.S. News & World Report - May 24, 2013
- Rand Paul's beef with immigration reform bill: the E-Verify system - Christian Science Monitor - May 24, 2013
- Chart of the Day: Sequester Cuts Are Starting to Bite - Mother Jones - May 24, 2013
- 3 Things Blocking Immigration Reform in the House - ABC News - May 24, 2013
- H 1120: Preventing Greater Uncertainty in Labor-Management Relations Act
- H 436: Government Neutrality in Contracting Act
- H 803: SKILLS Act
- H 448: Responsibility in Federal Contracting Act
- S 394: Metal Theft Prevention Act of 2013
- H 867: Metal Theft Prevention Act of 2013
- S 109: Government Neutrality in Contracting Act
- H 946: National Right-to-Work Act
- S 204: A bill to preserve and protect the free choice of individual employees to form, join, or assist labor organizations, or to refrain from such activities.
- S 180: NLRB Freeze Act of 2013
- H 976: To declare that certain agency actions by the National Labor Relations Board shall have no force or effect until final disposition is made in certain actions relating to the appointment of individuals to such Board that are pending in Federal court, and to prohibit further actions by such Board until such time.
- H 557: Advice and Consent Restoration Act
- S 188: Advice and Consent Restoration Act
The Natl Staff is getting supplies together to send to #Oklahoma tornado relief efforts. http://t.co/6yHcoY06Q0
3 Days Ago
IEC Natls Bob Baird is featured in the May/June issue of @NFPA Journal! http://t.co/3mYkJiOFCv
4 Days Ago
Check with the Red Cross to see how you can help out with disaster relief in #Oklahoma http://t.co/OEj2ygVdX8
4 Days Ago
Just heard from IEC-OKC. Everybody in the office is safe, but our hearts still go out to them and their families. We will keep you posted.
4 Days Ago
Read "Senate Committee Votes to Advance Perez Nomination for DOL Secretary " by VP of Govt Affairs Alexis Moch
5 Days Ago
When is new GHS training needed? When there is an initial assignment, new chemicals, and new hazards. #GHSWebinar
9 Days Ago
What if you don't have an SDS? Make note of your attempts and document them. #GHSWebinar
9 Days Ago
Select your state to get started: